Articles written by ZADP trainees have featured in a number of journals. Here are a small selection, which can be accessed using the following links:
Peer reviewed publications:
- Bowen, L., Zyambo, M., Snell, D., Kinnear, J. and Bould, M. D. (2017), Evaluation of the accuracy of common weight estimation formulae in a Zambian paediatric surgical population. Anaesthesia, 72: 470–478
- Dart, P. J., Kinnear, J., Bould, M. D., Mwansa, S. L., Rakhda, Z. and Snell, D. (2017), An evaluation of inpatient morbidity and critical care provision in Zambia. Anaesthesia, 72: 172–180
- Lillie EMMA, Holmes CJ, O’Donohoe EA, Bowen L, Ngwisha CLT, Ahmed Y, Snell DM, Kinnear JA, Bould MD. Avoidable perioperative mortality at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia: a retrospective cohort study. Can J Anaesth 2015;62;1259-67
- Lillie E, O’Donohoe L, Shamambo N, Bould D, Ismailova F, Kinnear J. Peer training and co-learning in global health care. Clin Teach 2015;12:193–6.
- Bould MD, Clarkin CL, Boet S, Pigford A-AE, Ismailova F, Measures E, McCarthy AE, Kinnear J. Faculty experiences regarding a global partnership for anesthesia postgraduate training: a qualitative study. Can J Anaesth 2015;62:11–21.
- Holmes C, Lillie EMMA, O’Donohoe EA. The Zambia Anaesthesia Development Project – 18 months in…. World Anaesthesia News 2014; 14(2):21-22.
- Kinnear JA, Bould MD, Ismailova F, Measures E. A new partnership for anesthesia training in Zambia: reflections on the first year. Can J Anaesth 2013;60:484–91.
Non-peer reviewed publications, presentations, and conference abstract publications:
- Le Cheminant M. Volunteering for vision in rural Africa. (Published in Ophthalmic Anaesthesia, the journal of the British Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society)
- Muzumara S, Kabwe J, Bowen L. Pre-operative starvation of paediatric patients in Zambia: a reader. (Poster presentation at the Winter Scientific Meeting, London January 2016)
- Bowen L, McKendry R, Lilllie EMMA. Zambia Anaesthetic development Project: Take a walk on the wild side! Bulletin 94. Nov 2015 p38-40
- Janowicz A, Kasole T, Measures E, Langley M, Goma F, Ismailova F, Kinnear J, Bould MD. Development of Education and Research in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at the University Teaching Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia: a descriptive observational study. (Poster presentation at South East Thames Society of Anaesthetists, London October 2015, won 2nd prize in the trainee category)
- Janowicz A, Bould MD, Ismailova F, Kasole T, Measures E, Langley M, Goma F, Kinnear J.Evaluation of the status of education and research in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine at the University Teaching Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia: ten years on. (Abstract & Poster presentation at GPAS Global Surgery Conference, Entebbe, Uganda September 2015)
- S Kudsk-Iversen, R Colhoun, D Chama, J Mulenga, MD Bould, J Kinnear, D Snell. Improving blood transfusion safety in a low resource setting: an audit of 1163 transfusion requests. (Abstract and poster presentation at the International Symposium on Intensive Care & Emergency Medicine [ISICEM], Brussels, March 2015 – see poster below)
- Clunies-Ross N, Kabwe J, Kinnear J. Anaesthetic training in underdeveloped countries: what is the role of junior trainees? Anaesthesia News Nov 2014; 328: 16-17.
- Bould D, McCarty A, Kinnear J, Pigford A, Boet S, Clarkin C, Ismailova F, Measures E. Global health postgraduate trainee experiences in anesthesia. (Poster presentation at Canadian Anesthesiology Society annual scientific meeting, Newfoundland June 2014)
- Bowen L, O’Donohoe L, Lillie E. Anaesthesia in Developing Countries Module: A Trainee’s Perspective. (Poster presentation at College Tutor Meeting, Glasgow June 2014 – see poster below)
- Bowen L, Kabwe J. Preoperative starvation times in Zambian Paediatric Patients. Anaesthesia 2014.69 (s3): 65 (Poster presentation at 41st APA Annual Scientific Meeting, Leeds May 2014)
- McCue C, Bowen L, Brosnan S, Kinnear J. Implementing a ventilator associated pneumonia prevention bundle in intensive care at university teaching hospital, Zambia. Anaesthesia 2014. 69 (s3): 97 (Poster presentation at 41st APA Annual Scientific Meeting, Leeds May 2014)
- Bould D, Clarkin C, McCarthy A, Pigford A, Ismailova F, Measures E, Kinnear J, Boet S. Faculty experiences of a north-south partnership for postgraduate anesthesia training in Zambia. (Oral presentation at 2014 Canadian Conference on Medical Education – “Transforming Healthcare through Excellence in Assessment and Evaluation”, Ottawa/CCME April 2014)