Quatro Gaming Zambia Limited has very kindly donated just under K30,000 towards our campaign, in partnership with the Society of Anaesthetists of Zambia, expanding physician anaesthesia training to the Copperbelt Province of Zambia! This donation will go a long way towards increasing specialist anaesthetic care in the Copperbelt Province enabling the delivery of high-quality, safe surgery for those that need it. Please press here for more information about why this work is so important…
Following a request from Dr Akrimi, Pastest has kindly provided free access for seven MMed trainees due to sit their exams in June.
You can read more on Pastest’s blog: Shot in the arm for Zambian doctors
Two articles have recently been printed chronicling the experiences of some of the current ZADP fellows.
Niharika Lal, one of the junior fellows, have written an opinion piece in the Scotsman. Furthermore, in the Guernsey Press there’s an interview article with Michelle Le Cheminant, one of the senior fellows, about her experiences so far.
See here for the links:
- Guernsey Press 21/04/2017 – Aiming to take away the pain (or press here to read the full article, alongside more pictures)
- The Scotsman 23/02/17 – Niharika Lal: Only one third of the world’s population can access safe surgery
Interested in knowing more about the ZADP senior fellowship?
Attached PDF contains the following information:
- Key Working Relationships
- General Duties
- OOPT/E Educational Programme Scope of Practice and Responsibility
- Annual Leave, Study Leave and Sick/Compassionate Leave Logistics
- Terms of Reference, Job Description and Educational Goals Person Specifications